Terms & Conditions
All of my jewellery is handmade to order, and will vary slightly from the item picture because of this.
Most items take around 2 weeks to make and post, but if you need your order more urgently, please do get in touch - I can usually help.
The content and jewellery designs on this site are Copyright © 2011 - 2019 of Rebecca Pearce and Red Bird Jewellery and Becky Pearce Designs. All rights reserved.
The images and products are available for social sharing (e.g Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Digg, Pinterest etc) where full URLs and credit are provided to Becky Pearce or this site. In fact, I'd love you to share - please go ahead!! However, if you'd like to use any images for any other purpose, please contact me for permission.
This Privacy Notice describes how and when I collect, use, and share information when you purchase an item from me, contact me, or otherwise use my services through my website www.beckypearcedesigns.co.uk or its related sites and services as well as face to face transactions.
WHAT INFORMATION DO I COLLECT?
Contact Forms and Newsletter Subscriptions
When you contact me through the website contact form (on my Squarespace site) or subscribe to my newsletter (via the Mailchimp sign-up form) I will use the data you provide in order to communicate with you either directly via email or by sending automated newsletters containing details of news, events or special offers. This data will only be used for this function.
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised my website host, Squarespace and my payment gateway, Stripe or Paypal to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
· as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order or purchase, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
· when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
· if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases as required by tax law; and
· as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as
1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
· Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Some of these third parties may store and process your information through hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer.
You can read each of the third party Data Protection Policies below
Contact & Newletters
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
· Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
· Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
· Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
· Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Becky Pearce, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at Beckypearcedesigns@gmail.com. Alternately, you may contact me in writing at:
Becky Pearce Designs, 60 Brockham Lane, Brockham, Surrey, RH3 7EH